As people get older, they often find that their family homes are simply too big for retirement. Kids move out, unused rooms are often filled with excess stuff, and unnecessary heating and cooling costs can drive up utility bills. With that in mind, Robb Luxury Home Group offers the following resources to help you through the downsizing process.
What Kind of Home Is Best?
Choosing the right home is key to downsizing. In addition to finding the right neighborhood, choose a style and layout that will accommodate your needs.
- Not sure what type of living situation is best for you? Read 7 Senior Housing Options: Which One Works Best?.
- Aging in place definitely has its appeal but before you decide, consider these Nine Reasons Aging in Place May Not Be Right for You.
- Before you buy a new home, Research the Market! For instance, in Tampa, the median house price is just under $335K.
- If you decide aging in place is right for you, make sure you read Single Floor Homes Help Seniors Age in Place.
The Financial Benefits Never End
If your house has outgrown you, it may not be easy to part with the memories, but finally cashing in on the investment is a strong incentive. You’re not just trading in a big house for a smaller one and keeping the difference, but the move will encourage leaner, less-expensive habits of living.
- With fewer rooms, you’ll be downsizing your lifestyle too. Especially, since the conscious decision to live more simply was one of the prime motivators for the move.
- Moving to a walkable neighborhood can upgrade your quality of life, with new hangouts and pedestrian destinations.
- The change of scenery can be your daily reminder that you’re in a new phase of life.
Packing and Organizing
Packing is one of the most tedious and time-consuming parts of moving, but these helpful resources will simplify the process.
- Fight your way through the clutter! How to Declutter and Downsize Your Home Effectively — 9 Essential Tips.
- Here’s how to complete your move in record time: Home Design: Pack Fast, Move Fast, with These 12 Tips.
How to Handle Moving Day
Once you make it to moving day, you’re almost over the finish line. The tips in these guides will help you ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Ready to move? Save your back and search Angi for “Best Movers Near Me.”
- Whether you’re relocating to an apartment or a retirement community, here are the Top 10 Moving Tips for Seniors.
- You made it to your new place. Congrats! Now, here’s How to Unpack Efficiently After Moving.
Downsizing isn’t always a simple task, but it’s well worth it. By finding a home that’s right for your retirement and by carefully planning your downsize, you can enjoy your golden years confident that you’re in the right place.
At Robb Luxury Home Group, we understand that time is the greatest asset we have as human beings. It is finite and irreplaceable. This is always top-of-mind when we engage in the business of selling homes. Call (813) 928-6745 for a free move-down consultation.